Information Technology Leader
Hands-on I.T. leader with 20+ years’ experience building and operating small to medium sized I.T. infrastructure/Operations organizations. Recognized as an influential and resourceful leader building cohesive teams and being a business partner driving customer satisfaction across the organization.
- Global 24x7 I.T. Operations
- Data Center Operations
- Program Management
- Process Optimization
- Strategic I.T. Planning
- Leadership, Team Building
- I.T. Service Management
- Global I.T. Architecture
Consulting services for local I.T. company, providing advisory role on enhancements to their processes and updates to their tools to support growth. Including:
- Updates to internal helpdesk tool to provide improved tracking/reporting.
- Training of internal staff on report generation.
- Guidance on best practices.
Head the I.T. function of a small company in start-up mode, taking them to the next level and implementing I.T. strategy and solutions to allow the company to continue growth.
- Significantly improved internal customer satisfaction with improvements in helpdesk support levels (response and time to close).
- Cost savings across the company with consolidation of services and technology standardization.
- Developed business plan to move from a mixed solution (Google Apps, GoToMeeting, VoIP solution & Box) to Office 365.
- Implemented processes and policies to enhance security, including internal audit process for user, system and physical access.
Lead the I.T. infrastructure/operations function through rapid growth, bringing a business focus and delivering leading edge products. Promoted from Senior Manager in June 2015.
- Infrastructure implementation of highly available Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP & CRM solutions.
- Cohesion within the infrastructure teams and enhanced cooperation with business applications team.
- Integration of over 600 additional members of staff (doubling size) during an acquisition of a larger company in 2011.
- European & China head office build out, including server and network infrastructure.
- Implementation of companywide collaboration solution, including instant messaging and conferencing saving on travel.
- Ensured five issue free years of audit (Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA).
In addition; office consolidation, server room move between buildings, management buy-in and implementation of network acceleration technologies and more.
Transferred from the UK office in January 2005 into the technical I.T. manager (Windows Support Manager) position, responsible for the Windows based environments including email (Exchange). Promoted to I.T. Operations Manager with the expansion of the group to manage the rapid growth of Synaptics.
- Manage a team of eight staff Worldwide, supporting all aspects of Infrastructure (Including User support, Windows & Unix servers, Networking and Telecoms).
- Support for six major Worldwide offices.
- Site move of 170+ people and 80+ servers from San Jose to Santa Clara (2005).
- Lead the implementation of I.T. controls and completed five successful years of Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
- MPLS network implementation to improve office connectivity.
- Providing a customer focused, highly responsive and reliable support team for a rapidly expanding company of more than 600 users Worldwide.
- Managed all I.T. services for the UK office of Synaptics, including Windows & Unix servers, Exchange 5.5 and 2000, Network Appliance file servers and bespoke application servers.
- Implemented Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Worldwide (2001) and later assisted with the World-wide upgrade to Exchange 2000. Included user training on Outlook for all staff.
- Site move of 30 people and 20+ servers, including managing the move, planning and design the office layout (rooms, cubes, offices, etc.) avoiding the requirement of external office planning consultants.
- Design, development and implementation of bespoke web-based applications for purchasing, asset management and calendaring (vacation calendaring system).
Role included systems administration and software development roles, supporting 23 offices in and around Cambridge UK. A building society is very similar to a credit union in the US.